Utakata Hanabi

Utakata Hanabi
Sasuke x Sakura

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Reminisce

Mr See: Name me the electromagnetic waves in order starting from the highest frequency?
Me: Heh, I'll never forget this! Gamma, X-Ray, Ultra-Violet, Infra-Red, Microwave and Radio wave.
- A conversation between me and my ex-form teacher

I realise it's been far too long since I've written another post here and I suppose I should do something about it which is why I'm here again, writing another long overdue post... You see, during the one-week September holidays, it's all about the bane of JC1 students. Project Work. I fell terribly sick on a Wednesday back then if I recall correctly, and I spent most of my time trying to deal with the Written Report of my group, which is still lacking in multiple aspects so that we can submit at the start of the new term. My mind simply overworked and almost imploded on that weekend right before the new school term started, and trust me, you will be shocked if you saw what did I become on those days. I almost gone crazy. Literally. My head hurts so much that it really feels like it's gonna explode anytime. To put it simply, I almost died. I'm not even joking. Yup, that's why I didn't appear in this blog for quite some time. Oh yes, my promotion examinations are coming up in about 2 weeks time so I can't spend too much time here either...

Anyways, I better get started on what I'm supposed to write more than a week ago. On the 31st August, all the schools (besides Polytechnics I guess) are celebrating Teacher's Day, and me and my ex-class 4E planned to ambush our fellow PHS ex-teachers at the hotel in Chinatown where they are celebrating the occasion over a buffet lunch. Before that I got the chance to rendezvous with my peeps at PHS itself after my celebration at IJC ended. That was the first time I stepped into PHS ever since I had gotten back my results back in January. It's been almost 8 months, and I felt so nostalgic. Besides a few added features, I suppose the structure didn't change much and I felt back at home. You know when I was back in Secondary School and when it's Teacher Day's celebrations, I'll head back to my primary school and meet a few ex-classmates or school-mates and ex-teachers. But I would somehow feel slightly uncomfortable sometimes, though I must emphasise only SLIGHTLY. I don't feel that much attachment. But when I stepped back into PHS, I felt like being in school all over again, I felt familiar with everything there. I can just simply roam around the nearly empty school compound without feeling uneasy somehow. It just seems so... familiar and heart-warming when I'm no longer studying there. For the first time, I felt so free and liberated standing on the new school field.

We eventually set off and met the rest of the class at Outram Park MRT station, and we headed towards the hotel. Well, guess the first teacher we met? Our beloved History teacher Mr Sem!! Yup, that's the guy whose very useful notes probably saved our asses in the O-Levels, and he claims that he remember our faces but not our names. Sure looks like he's acting. Of course, our 'dad' had to come out next! Mr See!! The last time I actually saw him was during the class chalet back in March. And now he's a real dad! After a short reunion, the rest of the teachers streamed out since they had finished their lunch and we met the rest of our ex-teachers and familiar faces: Mr Tan Kim Boon, Mr Hui Chee Seng (Curly Line~ Curly Line~), Miss Cynthia Lim, Miss Jobeth Williams, Ms Samantha Lim (OMG I shouldn't have mentioned her :X), Mr Ray Soh(Heh, my CCA teacher), Pastor Jordan, Mr Steven Ong, Mr Alex Toh (XP) etc. Where's Mr Rumi?? XD 

Yup, it completely felt like I'm still a student of PHS and we are going back to school after this. It is true, that secondary school life is the one we should cherish while we can, because it's probably the best part of our lives. Well, we totally need a time machine. 

After that, we got to have lunch with Mr See!! While we strolled to the the marketplace, it really felt like a class outing without our uniforms on! Meanwhile I had the chance to catch up with Mr See and began the ridiculous "Physics" session with him. Brownian motion, heat capacity, electricity, left-hand rule, right-hand rule, Inertia, moments of force, acceleration, transverse and longitudinal waves, electromagnetic spectrum etc. You name it, I try to answer it. Hahas, it was fun trying to recall Physics stuff although I don't study Physics anymore. Always loved the subject, loved the teacher, hated the complicated calculations and formulas. Anyways, we have had a great lunch and some catching-up time with me and my fellow Brohood peeps as well as Mr See.


Sometimes I wish that time can be reverted back. Just once is enough. Revert to last checkpoint. This time I'll change everything.

1 comment: