Utakata Hanabi

Utakata Hanabi
Sasuke x Sakura

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Birthday

From our birthday, until we die,
Is but the winking of an eye.

- William Butler Yeats

If you guys have realised, all my recent relevant blog posts have a title that starts with 'Re...' This post will be different. Yes, you should have guessed it. Today it's my birthday. May 7th. I am not someone that actually really view my birthday as of great importance. Or even any importance at all. To me, birthdays are just the proof of our existence. Nothing more, nothing less. And of course, the pain our mothers have to go through to give birth to us. And to sing a birthday song, give birthday presents, send birthday wishes... These are special acts. Acts indicating that they recognise and appreciate your existence in their life. This is what Birthdays generally mean to me. Special days that come once in a year. Those who are born on Feb 29, have to wait 4 years though. I don't really actually want any birthday presents, but I like to give birthday presents instead. To me, birthdays of my friends are of much more significance. There's also someone else's birthday today. My jie's(god-sister) birthday. If you guys have read my previous post on her, you would know our relationship and how it came about. We share the same birthday. That really surprised me when she told me that she was born on May 7th too. Just that she's older than me by age. I'm waiting for her to come online so that I could wish her Happy Birthday. Today is also the polling day for Singapore for the General Elections. I'm really excited today. There's just one thing that troubles me on my 16th Birthday. My injured leg. Crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment