Utakata Hanabi

Utakata Hanabi
Sasuke x Sakura

Friday, April 29, 2011

Revulsion

The coward will not fight. The fool refuses to see necessity. The scoundrel puts himself ahead of humanity. - Xavier Harkonnen

I must give my deepest apologies to my faithful readers wherever you are, as I've not posted much and anything at all these few days. The Mid-Year Examinations have officially started yesterday and I've took 2 papers already by the end of today. It will be a busy fortnight for me so I too will not post much because I will be concentrating on revising and preparing for the exams.
After today's examinations, my class had a O-Level Physics Science Practical Assessment (SPA). Right before that, we were in the supposed "Quarantine Zone" in the Biology Lab where we do our last revision and prepare for the upcoming assessment. Guess what happened during that period of time in there? Two jokers took out the distilled water spray and started to spray at a particular whiner. It was rather chaotic. Quite number of people got caught in the "Crossfire" and got hit by the water. Imagine spraying water across two benches. I happened to be in the vicinity and also got hit. I was rather annoyed at the playful jokers who seemed to not stop. I gave them a cold stare, indicating them to stop everything. They got part of my point and was sorry for accidentally spraying on "innocent parties" such as me. However, they did not stop the water assault on the guy they always pick on for fun. ("Picked on" does not mean real bad bullying. We all take him as a friend. Although he's really a big whiner.) I didn't bother to say anything more and continued my revision. Then judgement came. The Head of Department for Science saw part of the episode and came in. You know what happened next.
"Those who played with the Distilled Water Spray come out now. If you have done it, have the guts to admit it."
The atmosphere was so tense... One immediately admitted.
"Only one? No... I saw everything. Have the guts to come out. Who's the chairman? Ah... Yes, you must have seen everything. Tell me, who else?"
Awkward silence.
"Who else?"
The chairman unwillingly pointed the other one.
"Yes, who else?"
Then he pointed out the "victim".
"There are leaders in this class. Chairman, the class committee, councillors. Yet no one stopped this? You will not take the SPA until after the last shift is over and everyone of you will write a statement on what happened. If I'd make you stay till 5pm, 6pm, I will."
Then things finally calmed down for awhile as the two culprits got dragged outside for serious lecturing and they allowed the SPA to continue as per normal for the rest of us. During the SPA itself, I was thinking whether I should blame those two for ruining the entire class' day. I reached the conclusion of NO. The teacher was right. We should've stopped them. It's not that we think that we need not be responsible for other's action but rather we think that they are just screwing around like usual and have no need to stop them. The entire class should bear the responsibility as a class. And too, there's no need to blame anyone. Not those who played a fool, not those who added into the fire, not those who didn't care. Not anyone of us. We should all learn from this experience and forgive one another. Though the day was already ruined, and there's nothing we can do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment