Utakata Hanabi

Utakata Hanabi
Sasuke x Sakura

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Reproach

Thinking you know why you behave as you do gives you all sorts of excuses for extraordinary behavior. - Duncan Idaho

It's been quite some time since I've posted; I AM made busy by the insane amount of holiday homework. Today, I've got my new pair of spectacles! Let's get to the main topic of this post.
After getting my pair of spectacles today, I went to ("Gasol")'s place and after a couple of minutes, went down to the usual basketball court that we always go to and started playing our favourite sport. After a few shootout practices and friendly matches, we saw a familiar figure heading towards our way. It's UIG (Un-Invited Guest), a nickame we placed on the usual guy who always seem to appear uninvited whenever we are there playing basketball. Lemme describe him. A rather "big" dude, just a little bit fleshy (I'm being honest here), a basketball team member of his school, rather skilled in the game. Okay, here comes the "bad" part. He's rude, rather vulgar, a sore-loser, doesn't know how to keep his "unhealthy" comments to himself and just says whatever he is thinking at the moment, mean, and ummm... fast-tempered (I'm also being honest)? Let's state this first. I don't really know him that much so I can't promise that whatever I have said about him is correct but that is what I can infer from how he behaves around us. I totally meant no offence, I'm not trying to rant and rave about how "bad" this guy is, but rather just an inference. This is the event that happened today. We were just having some shootout practice (I was resting at the moment), and one of us takes a shot. Very unfortunately the ball rebounded and hit the guy at almost "point-blank range". On the head. From his expression, and actions (and words he spat out after the hit), it definitely hurts. However, a few of us exchanged glances when he wasn't looking. Glances and expressions. A few gave secret grins, a few gave a "YES!" look. Regrettably, I was one of them. Even though we generally still show our concern by asking him about his injury, but in our hearts, we felt that he deserved it. After a couple of minutes, I began to feel sorry for him. Although I still don't really like him but I feel that feeling happy when someone got injured wasn't right at all. I gave myself a little reproach. But... He, still trying to recover from his minor injury, shouted at us.
He: "Who threw the ball!?"
One of us: "I wasn't even at this half of the court!"
He: "Who threw the ball!?"
Me: "I just stood up from the floor, I didn't shoot it."
Another one of us: "I was sitting down."
Another one of us: "I was walking around."
He really sounded furious at that moment, and we were afraid that he would do something to the person who accidentally caused his injury. Although his temper simmered down and finally closed the case, I was wondering whether any of us would reproach ourselves for feeling "joyous" (can't seem to find the right word) over his mishap. Should we? Should we not?

No comments:

Post a Comment