Utakata Hanabi

Utakata Hanabi
Sasuke x Sakura

Monday, June 13, 2011

Resent

When a creature has developed into one thing, he will choose death rather than change into his opposite. - Scytale

I had caught the movie X-Men First Class with a group of my friends a couple of days ago. I have watched the entire X-Men Trilogy, except X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I'm not a really super X-Men fan, but I generally know the storyline. I'm not here to talk about the plot and bore those who have completely no interest or already know the plot themselves, but I will give you the background information. Mutants were appearing on Earth due to atomic radiation, and it created another stage of human evolution. However, those "Normals" think of these Mutants as a threat to all mankind because of each of their special abilities. The "Normals" generally felt the need to annihilate all Mutants,  stirring fear and anger to both sides, resulting to a full-scale war between the "Normals" and the Mutants. Of course, the X-Men are a group of Mutants who dedicate themselves to protect humanity, Mutant or not.
You can consider me a fan of Anime, and I've watched similar cases. One fine example would be "Gundam Seed" and 'Gundam Seed Destiny"(the sequel). If you didn't watch it, I suggest you watch it but if you don't want, it's okay. And if you did, you will understand what I mean. Envious of their abilities, thinking that it's not fair, thinking of the other side/"species" as a major threat to their own, resenting the fact that they are superior, and rejecting them from society even though both are humans. If this kind of stuff really happened, how will the world respond? Will it be like X-Men and Gundam Seed, where both sides fight each other till the other is annihilated? Or will the world accept each other, where both sides can co-exist together? We, or the future generations, may have to make this choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment