Utakata Hanabi

Utakata Hanabi
Sasuke x Sakura

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Orientation

The future, the past and the present are intertwined, a weave that forms any point in time.


My JC1 orientation ended yesterday night, and I'm only posting this today coz' it ended late yesterday night and I'm dead beat. You guys will know why later. Anyways, I can only come up with a word to describe the orientation. AAAAWWWWEEEESSSSOOOOMMMMEEEE!!! Yup, I've gone crazy the last 4 days!! I really mean it. It's been quite some time since I've had so much fun to the point that I went so high and ecstatic! It is proven that enthusiasm infects people around too. When you take a look around me, my House, my State(Orientation group) and the entire school, we totally gone crazy!!!


The first day of orientation is usually boring, when you are surrounded mostly by people you don't know. Well, unless it's with the people already know for quite some time, like BreakTHRU camp last year, where I had it with my classmates I known for at least a year. Obviously, since I'm entering college life, I don't know at least 95% of the people around. As I walked towards the hall to assemble, I quickly scanned through the orientation grouping board for my name. I'm placed into a state named "Areden", and my House is "Aquila". Our mascot/symbol is the Eagle. Our colour is Blue. By "(colour) (Name) (Symbol)", There're also the green Sagittarius Archers, the red Taurus Bulls, and the yellow Rasalas Lions. Expectedly, I know no one in the same state as me.


During bonding sessions and lectures, I decided to take the first step this time and reach out to my fellow groupmates. I sat beside a guy named Jagpreet(I call him Jag for short) during introductory lectures, and introduced myself and made conversations with him. 4 days later, you see us laughing, dancing, cheering crazily together! I met Daan, Hafiz, Murti, Isaac, Xaverie, Denise, Iman, and many others in my state, as well as my house and school. I've also two fantastic House Group Leaders(HGLs) in charge of us who had been taking great care of us in our 4 days of orientation: Fazillah and Wei Ling. We started learning our mass dance steps on the very first day. It turned out to be a couple dance. "OMG, no way." was what I thought at first. However, it turned out to be one of the best parts in orientation that I really enjoyed, together with everyone else who was hyped up too!


The second and third day had many talks and introductory lectures as well. We had also fostered our house and state spirit and relationship through making our own state banners, and learning house cheers. If you have heard our house cheers, trust me, you'll feel it earth moving, and tremble before Aquila's might. Our house cheers shows so much strength and spirit that it "murdered" all the other houses. We're certainly the best in cheering, no doubts. Again we practised our dance steps and I "sort of" of mastered the dance already. We also had the Amazing Race on the third day, which is definitely a turning point as my state Areden went all out, winning almost everything, and we truly became a team. We also went very high, did cheers everywhere, marking the start of us going crazy in the orientation.


The fourth and final day in orientation, we have a campfire in the evening. Each house is supposed to put up a show during campfire, with the best house declared the winner at the end of the campfire. We practised our house item for the campfire again and again, planning to emerge as winners. By that time, Aquila has already bonded as really strong house to be feared, bringing the roof down every time we cheer. We're bound to win. The campfire officially opened, when the wooden cradle was set ablaze. As each house perform their very own item during the campfire, we certainly had lots of fun, and gave our very best in performing our item, and cheering as crazily as we can. As the very end, guess which house won? AQUILA WON!!!!!!!! Wootz, I can still remember how we totally went nuts, cheering at the top of our voices when we are declared the winners. It was so chaotic for Aquila, while the other houses sat and stared at disbelief. We ran all around, fists up in the air, jumping here and there, screaming like there's no tomorrow. I realised I used the word "crazy' a lot of times, but I think "crazy" is an understatement. I'm not exaggerating.


Of course, our mass dance (Fire Burning and Dynamite) is, of course, our finale of the night, and we enjoyed every single bit of it. Trust me, if I hear the songs anywhere, I might even dance outta nowhere. Every one of us were like "Can we dance again?". Going crazy all night totally knocked me out when I reached home. Man, I wish I can do it all over again. Maybe I will, next year, if I join the House EXCO, which means I will lead the JC1s in THEIR orientation next year :P


But the principal reminded us that the time for fun is over. Indeed. Within less than two years, I'm gonna take my 'A' levels. This time, I'm gonna redeem myself. I gotta score really really well, and head to a university, being able to take the course I want. So that I can close the gap between me and my dreams. And be able to reunite with my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment