Utakata Hanabi

Utakata Hanabi
Sasuke x Sakura

Monday, April 23, 2012

A sneak peek of the future? A prophecy?

“This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper" - T.S Eliot


Hey, it's been more than a week since I've last posted, and my excuse will probably forever be the same. Busy. With what? The stressful life of studying in a Junior College. It's taking quite some time to come up with something to talk about. A topic which I have not touched on yet. Also, I'll need both the mood and the time to type it down and post it in here, so it may take a while for me to do so in my current hectic lifestyle.


Strange things have been happening this few days. When I say 'strange', I don't just mean weird stuff going on... I mean bizarre and almost unnatural things occur. No doubt that those living in somewhere along the equator will have already figured it out that the climate is changing for the first time since perhaps in the last 3 centuries. It's raining almost everyday in the supposedly summer period. No, before anyone launch an argument telling me that the countries near the equator do not experience the four seasons, I absolutely agree. Sure we don't have snow falling down and have freezing cold temperature in the winter period, or have scorching hot sun in the summer that will melt most of us (actually we do, but oh well). But we do have rain seasons. The last time I checked, rain normally falls most heavily during the June and December period. What month is it now? April. Before that? March. We still got May until we finally reach June and our deserved long holiday period. But it's been raining cats and dogs in recent weeks. The rains were sure heavy. I'm sure the roofs got one hell of a beating by the ferocious rain. 

It didn't happen just this year. The weather has been pretty unpredictable and unstable since probably 2010. In 2011, it became rather obvious that the climate is definitely changing. Rainy seasons are arriving either later or earlier, and rain falls are either lighter and heavier. Not to mention the length of each period. The monsoon climate is changing pretty dramatically as well. I'm not so sure about the countries out of the tropical and monsoon climate but I got a feeling that things ain't going to be the same again. Not since punching a giant hole in the Earth's atmosphere. 

The weather and climate is still probably something not considered bizarre yet but there's more to come. For the past week, I've witnessed something more extraordinary. Thunderstorms are so common right now that I wouldn't be surprised at all if there's one tomorrow as well. But this time, I am never closer to the streaks of lightning then I am now. The streaks of lightning are so close that I can clearly spot the intense blue energy sparking in the lightning itself. The bright, burning blue energy. Yes, I'm not joking. I just saw it like more than 3 hours ago. And last Friday, after my college's concert, I'm seeing orangey-yellow lightning flashes towards my house's direction from my college. Hey, we are not in Kanto, Johto or Hoenn region. There's no Pikachu or Raikou or Zapdos that is gonna use "Thunder' and send yellow electric flashes in the sky. I've just said the lightning flashes are bright blue. No way they're gonna be orange or yellow.

Just this evening, there was some sort of a overlap between a sunset and a dark brewing thunderstorm that the sky was totally orange and misty. Since light shines upon Earth, almost everywhere is painted orange. Nope there's nothing wrong with my eyes, and I'm certainly not talking about the kind of mild orange-yellow you normally observe in a sunset. It's pure orange. And after the sun totally disappeared, the lightning began to strike  more frequently.

You might think that it is just something new and I shouldn't make a big fuss about this. Maybe I really shouldn't. But I just can't shake off the feeling that something is gonna happen. Something BIG is gonna happen. Not I'm not referring to Chelsea possibly upsetting Barcelona in the Champions League, nor am I promoting the current NBA slogan. I'm more convinced each day that something is gonna happen. Ya, you might think that I am referring to the "Apocalypse, Armageddon, the Judgement Day, the End of the World" whatever you call it, that's rumoured to occur in December 2012. Maybe I am. Not directly though. Somehow, I'm expecting something to happen. Something that might bring about a huge change in the world. Frankly, I've been waiting for that 'something' to happen since the beginning of my huge imagination in Primary School. Who knows? Maybe it really might happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment