Utakata Hanabi

Utakata Hanabi
Sasuke x Sakura

Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Fool


On that glamourous night, everyone is dressed in formality
All that make-up and fitting, made dreams become reality.
A bunch of handsome guys, a group of beautiful girls
Clad in sleek outfits, hair made into curls.
Such a wonderful night, such a beautiful sight
Yet there’s just one thing and I have to make it right.
As I waited for my chance, I tried to confront my fear
To let my yearnings reach you, and hope that I will not tear.
Gathering my courage, I know I won’t get another chance in this life
Counting-down patiently with my phone, I decided to call you at 12:55.
“Meet me outside” was what I said
You said “okay”, yet I’m still afraid.
After a turn of events, you and I were finally alone
My heart was pumping, while I adjusted my tone.
That fateful moment had arrived, and I’m trembling inside
“Coz’ I got something to say to you” and I hoped my fear would subside.
You smiled serenely, while I blushed like crazy
I whispered “It is you”, and my mind went hazy.
Whatever happened next was so vivid, I waited for a miracle
However, your answer just made my life miserable.

You nudged me and said “Best Friend”
That’s when I wished it would quickly end.

You went on saying “It’s not you, it’s me”
Perhaps you think that we were never meant to be.

I smiled back and replied “It’s okay, I’ll be fine”
With a bit of reassurance, I hoped I picked the correct line.

In truth, hell just came into my life
Well, at least my heart was stabbed by your knife.

Best friends huh? I hope that it is true
Thanks a lot, for making it less painful.

Just something I had written some 9 months back and didn't dare to publish it. I guess the time's ripe? Anyways, I appreciate it. I really do. If you're reading this, here's my last request: If you're gonna find someone else, please find someone better than me. Oh gosh what am I thinking? Surely you will be capable of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment