Utakata Hanabi

Utakata Hanabi
Sasuke x Sakura

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Resign

It is said of Muad'dib that once when he saw a weed trying to grow between two rocks, he moved one of the rocks. Later, when the weed was seen to be flourishing, he covered it with the remaining rock. "That was its fate," he explained. - The Commentaries



Sometimes things just don't go your way. They just don't. No matter how much you want something to happen, to come true, or to appear in your eyes, they just will not respond the way you want it to. It's said to be foolish to fight against 'fate', because it will happen the way it is meant to be. I mean, why try to change something that cannot be changed? But are things really that way? Are our lives really already planned out, and we can do absolutely nothing to change it? We don't really know, do we?
I screwed up my A-Math papers. Completely. Although I did put in some effort into studying, and I thought that I finally got the trick, the questions in the papers are so far ahead of my practice and understanding, and I am always unable to grasp the advanced concept which almost everyone else already did. I am always a step behind, sometimes more than just one step behind.
Other than that, I encountered another one. I messaged this friend of mine to wish her good luck for the Literature Paper, then she told me about her group requiring just one more person to fill the 10 people criteria for a table at Graduation Night. As she sounded in need, I offered to help by transferring one of our guys(I am sitting with Brotherhood members which makes up 10 exactly), to her group and persuade another guy who we are quite close with to join our table. I know that this probably will not be a good idea coz' we are the 'Brotherhood' and we should sit together at Graduation Night, and not one of us should be left out. Still, after offering to help, I didn't want to disappoint her, so I asked a guy to transfer to that group which he agreed to, and awaiting reply from another guy who we are persuading to join us in his place. Being the prophet I am, I foresaw the reaction from a few members from the 'Brotherhood' when the guy who is transferring out of our table to join her table. They were like obviously didn't want him to leave and thought that he abandoned us for a girl he likes (which is in that group). Yes, I know it's too melodramatic but one person in our group is really that dramatic. After all my efforts to get things settled and almost ready to tell her that it's settled, the person who originally transferring out messaged me that there is no longer a need to help her fill in the last empty space as they already gotten someone to join them. After everything I've done, it felt like I was told straight in my face that I am longer needed. Of course since I was the one who offered to help in the first place, I shouldn't complain about being no longer needed, but it really struck me hard when I received the news. Because I knew that there was a chance that she may find someone else before I do before it even happened. I am a little afraid that it will happen coz' I honestly wanted to help her and all I wanted perhaps was a words of thanks and gratefulness, if nothing else. But things usually don't go our way. Not just mine and yours, but everyone else in the world. It's sad, coz' sometimes we always fail to notice those little things that make our day. However, don't you just hate it when something important to you always don't respond in the way you really wanted it to? Maybe I should really resign myself to 'Fate'.

No comments:

Post a Comment