Utakata Hanabi

Utakata Hanabi
Sasuke x Sakura

Friday, September 30, 2011

Graduation Service

When you leave here, don't forget why you came. - Adlai Stevenson, to college graduates


Today I shall break away from my usual topics concerning "Re". Yes, the title says it all. It's Graduation Day today. It's gonna be the final time we step into our school chapel as its students and attend a service. We are graduates now. I still remember the first day I officially step into this school as its student. I told myself "It's gonna be a rough but short stay here. Perhaps I'll miss this place and the people here when I graduate from this school". Now I fully understand why I am such a prophet. Because right now, I am already a graduate and I do miss this school now. Well, at least I will miss my schoolmates and a few teachers including my favourite form teacher: Mr Sherman See. About 10 hours removed from the end of today's graduation service, I'm already starting to miss the days we had together as a class. Good 'old' days indeed. Heh, I am going to be a prophet once again and say now: "I am definitely going to sit down somewhere comfortable (or maybe having a hard time in post-secondary school education) in the near future, looking back and reminisce about my days in secondary school and my awesome class 4 Endurance." Also, I assume that my future self will even write a blog post titled "Reminisce". 
It has been 4 years already. Time really flies. From the kid who step into this school, I became a better person after these 4 years. I don't feel good about this school from the start, always wanted secondary school life to end quickly. From Sec 1 to Sec 2... It's been an fairly uninteresting journey for the first two years. But things completely changed when I entered Sec 3 and ended up in 3 Endurance(which is now 4 Endurance' 2011). It had been a wonderful, amazing journey with the rest of 4E. I can totally say that it's my best class. I am really emotional right now (no I am not crying. Yet. Or maybe not after all), and although we still have one more week together as students due to an intensive study timetable at school, we will not spend as much time together as we used to in the near future, when we finish our O-levels. 
When I first arrive in this school, I used to daydream that if I ever build a time machine, I would go back in time to my primary school days. But ever since 3E/4E came into my life, I would want to go back to our secondary school days instead. It's only been a short 2 years. I only feel like we only did spend a 100 days together as a class. The cohort has also been a great one too. I really hope that every single one of us will shine brightly as we continue our lives and step into the future. I will definitely remember every single classmate from 4E. If I don't, feel free to punch me. Really love you guys. We love 4E, Sherman See!!


Don't cry because it ended,but cry because it happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment