Utakata Hanabi

Utakata Hanabi
Sasuke x Sakura

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Review

Only those with narrow minds fail to see that the definition of impossible is "Lack of imagination and incentive." - Serena Butler


My scores are my preliminaries are rather a joke (for now at least, since I still have not get back a few of my other papers), coz I either do quite well, or I fail. I've scored A1 for English Language overall, which is a surprise for me since I always don't do so well for my English. My composition was the one who pulled me up to this grade. Technically, I've scored 27/30 for my essay writing, which is rather impossible. Yes, it is considered impossible to score that high for my essay writing. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw my script. The topic I wrote for my essay writing was "Ambition", which is the most badly done averagely among the entire cohort among the five topics you can choose from. As I've read a book about the rivalry and relationship between the two NBA legends, Larry Bird and Earvin 'Magic' Johnson, I decided to write about it, about both their deep ambitions to defeat each other and clinch championships for their teams, and also their influence on next-generations NBA players whom started to share the same ambitions as them after they have seen their epic battles: To become the greatest. To win.
Yes, I've scored 27/30 for that, no mistaking it. The teacher who marked my script commented about how I really sound like a sports journalists and how perhaps I should really become one since I do have the passion and talent for writing about sports. Maybe I should really consider becoming a sports journalist. 
Another surprise is my Social Studies (SS) results. I almost always get 23/50 for my SS Exams, and it almost made me hate that number, and almost made me nickname myself 'Michael Jordan 23' when it comes to receiving SS papers. Guess what did I get this time? 40/50. That's insane for me. I had totally no idea I would ever score that high for my SS in my life. I always fail my SS exams. This is the first time I have ever passed a major SS exam. It was always impossible for me, but now it's proven. It can be done.
I have failed my A-Math (as usual), my Geography (as usual also) and my Physics (this is time was too difficult for us, even our teachers says so). Tomorrow, I am receiving my History Paper which is the other half of my Combined Humanities Subject together with SS, and my Chemistry paper which I am 'destined to fail'. If I scored high enough in History that will secure me an A1 for Combined Humanities, I will have a joke for my prelim results. Though I know it's gonna be tough, I'm gonna strive hard for all my subjects. I'm gonna turn the tide around this time. I'm not gonna fail again. Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. It's not impossible to do well for certain subjects. It's only a matter of effort. Perhaps luck too. You know the Adidas catchphrase? "Impossible is Nothing."


No comments:

Post a Comment