Utakata Hanabi

Utakata Hanabi
Sasuke x Sakura

Friday, December 16, 2011

Redress

Each generation wants new symbols, new people, new names. They want to divorce themselves from their predecessors. - Jim Morrison



I've resigned from my telemarketing job! Yes, I feel so free now. No longer have to mass call strangers all over the country. No longer have to stand the utter rudeness of some people who picked up my calls, no longer have to suffer the mental torture of being rejected over and over again. No longer have to feel the guilt of not hitting the daily target. Whew! Thankfully, I still got a waiter job which I can still earn a small income. Speaking of which, even my friend who originally introduced me into his telemarketing company, resigned due to my influence! But, that's not the main point of this post, or else the title would be "Resign" instead. 

Just yesterday, me and another of my friend, went to play basketball at a nearby park. It's just the two of us, so we just grabbed a ball, and went shooting hoops. As we arrived at the basketball court, I saw a familiar face. I don't recall writing SPECIFICALLY about this incident, but I think I did actually wrote about this very briefly in a post somewhere in this blog. This familiar face turns out to be the guy together with another two "kids"(they don't look anything like teenagers. They may be secondary one students, but they don't behave like one, neither do they look like one), who actually humiliated me and my friends in a basketball match.

If you guys have read all my previous posts, you'll find that there's a lot of similar incidents, and all of that I've experienced, it's always gotta do with basketball. Well, please don't be  biased to this sport coz' all the bad stuff has nothing gotta do with the sport. Basketball is a competitive sport, so is many other sports such as soccer, volleyball etc. The same incidents would have happened in these sports too. 

Anyways, getting back to the topic, lemme give yet another brief description of what happened between me and him. Two of my friends and I were playing basketball, at our half of the same court. They were playing at their other half, and after a while, they came over and 'challenged' us to a match. A 'friendly' match. After a brief discussion, we accepted it. The match starts, and we were losing by a wide margin(note: I wasn't anywhere near playing seriously, just trying to have fun). 

Since my two other friends were not good at the sport, neither do they play basketball often, we obviously were weaker. But the thing is that, the opponents played dirty. They hit my friend's arms and hands, snatching away the ball from him not just once, but several times. Besides that they humiliated us, by trying to set-up all kinds of tricks. I can no longer just stand there and chill after watching my friend getting bullied just because he can't play basketball well. I took charge and took revenge. We didn't even bother to count the score,  I just take the ball and start dropping shots one after another. Eventually we lost(coz' we didn't count the score).

That's rather brief, I think? Anyways, I didn't like them a bit. Neither did my two friends. They were obnoxious. Well, going back to my trip to the basketball court, I saw that guy again. As me and my friend entered the court, we saw this bunch of sec one 'kids' at the court playing basketball. When everybody arrived, I counted 23 of these 'kids' at the court. And 10 basketballs. Me and my friend just went to the other half of the court to shoot hoops, then the guy(that familiar guy) politely asked us to leave, coz' they need the entire court. We sat down and watched them play a full-court match which has 12 people in the court at the same time. After a couple of minutes, they got 5 girls to join into the game. Which means 17 in the court. 17 people, 2 teams, 2 hoops, 1 basketball. Talk about messy. I've never quite seen anything like that since my primary school days. I think even primary school kids nowadays are better at organising stuff than this bunch of people.

Being a spectator, I was laughing all the way. It's just so messy that I have absolutely no idea what's going on. One moment the ball was at this side of the court, and the other moment, it flew straight to the other side. It's just so epic to see them play. Really, it's like watching a bunch of rowdy and playful, lower primary school kids(no offence) play. Here's the catch. I've witnessed these 'kids' spouting vulgarities like nobody's business, witnessed their temper flaring, them committing flagrant and violent fouls, seeing them play so roughly. Trust me, the tension there could explode any time. A fight could have occurred. Looking at how they played, they certainly deserve some redressing.

Looking at them, I was reminded of my younger days, in primary school as well as my lower secondary school days. Was I that bad? Was the people born in my year, as bad as the them? I concluded: No. We weren't that bad then. I am worried about our younger generation. We are teenagers now, almost becoming young adults, but it seems like we are far more mature than the 'kids' I've seen, even at their age. I'm glad, but it sends a shiver down my spine when I think that these 'kids' will become adults, and have to shoulder the burdens of the world. Will they be matured enough by then? Or will they... I don't dare to think of the undesired outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment