Utakata Hanabi

Utakata Hanabi
Sasuke x Sakura

Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Eve

These are the special times
Times we'll remember
These are the precious times
The tender times, we'll hold in our hearts forever
These are the sweetest times
These times together
And through it all one thing will always be true
The special times are the times I share with you

 -"These are the special times" by Christina Aguilera



It actually has been two days since Christmas Eve and I only posting it today. It is because I went home very late on that night and I worked on Christmas, so I didn't have the time to post this. However, the memories of that day is still etched deeply in my mind(Well, coz' it's only two days ago)


Guess where did I went to on Christmas Eve? Universal Studios Singapore(USS). It is AWESOME!! The place is so gorgeously designed and detailed that I felt like I'm actually there in 'Hollywood', 'New York', 'Madagascar', 'Far Far Away', 'The Lost World', 'Ancient Egypt' and a 'Sci-Fi City'!! USS is really cool!! I really liked Far Far Away(the castle in Shrek), coz' the castle looked exactly like in the movie and in the fairy-tales and it obviously did include the inside jokes of Shrek and other fairy-tales! The Sci-Fi City is very awesome too, being one of the mainstay of the entire USS, having the newly-opened Transformers ride which attracted the whole lot of visitors, and that you'll have to wait like 2 straight hours just for the ride alone(it's often VERY crowded, the queue is... VERY long). 


I went there together with three of my friends, and it really has been an entertaining, fulfilling and fun trip to USS. We took almost all the rides available, starting with the Madagascar Crate Adventure which is a slow river ride which is quite interesting for Madagascar fans(although all four of us ain't fans). Followed by a stroll to Far Far Away, where the 'twisted' fairy-tales come alive! We then took the "Enchanted Airways" which is actually a kid-sized roller coaster... And we actually took the Merry-Go-A-Round, OMG. The funny thing about the Merry-Go-A-Round is that a certain someone sat on... Hahas maybe I shouldn't say it here, or else I'll get killed XP


Moving on, we had our lunch at Loui's NY Pizza Parlour. Yes, we apparently ate pizza for lunch. Guess what's the size of the pizza. 20 INCHES. And how many of us? Four. I have to eat two freaking large slices of that pizza. And that's not the worst yet. After that meal, we went to 'Lights, Camera, Action!' to view the special effects made by Steven Spielberg! We were 'blown away' as the sound stage changed into a setting hit by a major hurricane. The flames were intense, the effects were very real and the sound synchronisation made it perfect. Then I realised why I'm so into Steven Spielberg films.


We continued our way to Sci-Fi city and took the 'Accelerator'. It's the spinning cup thing that is on every theme park. Alright, here comes the BIG challenge. We are to then proceed to take the Battlestar Galactica roller-coaster ride. Remember I ate two slices of pizza? And I took the spinning 'Accelerator'? Now you're asking me to take one of the most thrilling roller coaster ride ever? My stomach will become a washing machine(the spinning type). We took the 'Human' ride(the red path) of the roller coaster since it looks "less scarier" than the 'Cylon' ride(the blue path), which includes a corkscrew, a rainbow 360 degree and several spins? And guess what, the four of us sat at the front row of the ride. How unlucky. We are all damn nervous, and my heart is racing...


Whoosh!! Before we knew it, the ride ended. Me and the guy friend(the 4 of us are 2 guys and 2 girls) strode to the 'Cylon' Ride, while the other two girls waited of us. By that time, I'm already feeling nauseous, and I still have to go through yet another roller coaster ride. This time, however, is very different from the first. All the spins, the corkscrew, the cobra roll and a vertical loop. It's very exciting!! If I didn't feel nauseous, I would probably have tried the rides again! After we got off, we called the girls to try the Cylon ride too, which they eventually did.


Next stop: Ancient Egypt. We went to the Ancient Egypt zone and wanted to ride the 'Revenge of the Mummy' indoors ride. That one, I admit, I was too scared to ride in total darkness, so in the end I didn't try that ride(two of my friends did). We didn't really explore The Lost World as the rapids adventure was undergoing some changes so we went back to Far Far Away to catch Shrek 4D Adventure. That is considered my first 4D experience and it was marvellous, really! 


Yes, finally we are lining up for the Transformers 3D ride. Within 40-50 mins, we were in! Oh, I think "awesome" is an understatement for that ride!! It is freaking cool!! The effects, the graphics, the entire interior design all matches for that exciting ride! The only downside is that the ride is too short. But well, it's definitely worth the tickets!!


Nearing the end of our trip to USS, the four of us loitered around to take more pictures. As it's already past seven, the lights were lit, the Christmas Tree were lit and the place looked even more beautiful than ever. Eventually we exited USS, and slowly took our time to savour the gorgeous view and wonderful experience that day. 


The song "These are the special times" played while we continued to take photos just outside of USS, and it really fits the mood and my inner voice. I guess I'm really lucky coz' my aunt won the lucky draw, winning 4 USS tickets, and she gave all to me since she can't make it and the tickets are gonna expire soon. I have to really thank her for the tickets, or else I probably won't get a chance to visit USS anytime soon. I don't know if I'm lucky that it rained(slightly) on that day, but I'm sure am very lucky to have my aunt, and of course my friends who accompanied me to USS. I've never had so much fun on Christmas Eve before, so this is my best Christmas Eve ever! You guys totally made my day. You guys, just by being there with me at USS, is already a very big Christmas present for me. Thanks for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment