Utakata Hanabi

Utakata Hanabi
Sasuke x Sakura

Monday, January 10, 2011

Spooky Feed #38

Hope clouds observation. - Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

Today is the official day for the release of O-Levels results obviously for last year's batch. We, the current Secondary 4 students are actually 'invited' to sit through the grand event. While I was there at the hall, I observed everything from the back seat. The anxiety in each of the candidates' faces, the silent prayers, the hopeful yet bitter grins and I could almost hear their heartbeats beating... The tense atmosphere was slighty broken by occasional jokes and comforts. "It's gonna be okay." "We'll make it." are some of the comforting words the candidates said to one another. At that moment in time, I thought that someday in the near future this and next year, I will experience the same situation. I would be like one of them, trembling with fear and anxiety, at the same time saying those words to comfort and ease myself and the others around me. Then there it came, the announcement of our school's most improved students, top students and then... The results are released. I can't help but think of how the seniors I knew well fare, and those of my batch taking higher-chinese paper. I jogged up to each and everyone of them, awaiting for them to be called. Then I was joined my several other people in my batch to stand with them throughout the release of results. As one by one of my friends went up to the teacher and received their results, I looked around and saw a few people in tears, another bunch showing wide grins and some just looked... unimpressed? I gave my friends a hug after hearing their scores, good or bad. "Good job! Told'ya you'll make it!" "Not bad! I'd bet I wouldn't even score that high!" "Well, it's okay.... C'mon, cheer up!" are mostly what I told my friends... After seeing through the process... it just makes me wanna go home and seriously study... Great job everybody! Good or bad, you people did your best!

No comments:

Post a Comment