Utakata Hanabi

Utakata Hanabi
Sasuke x Sakura

Monday, August 29, 2011

Reminder (Part 2)

You do not take from this universe. It grants you what it will. - Paul Muad'dib

This is continued from the previous post "Reminder" below.
Speaking of reminders, my good friend has got deeply reminded of his seemingly foolish decision he made by a coincidental meeting with the girl he likes. Today. Yes, the same day of the event I wrote about in my previous post "Reminder". Well, actually it took place about a couple of hours before the event I wrote about in "Reminder". He actually didn't notice her at first, when he, two more buddies and me, took the escalator up, and I spotted a very familiar person whom I immediately suspected was her with her friends, taking the escalator down. It was a dramatic cross of paths, as we took the escalator up, and they took the escalator down, just right next to each other. No words were exchanged, simply because she perhaps didn't recognise or see me (she seems to look towards me when I saw her, which I quickly turned away my gaze to avoid the awkardness) or she didn't care to acknowledge me (She and I were primary school classmates too, but not very close), or the same reasons I mention above for my good buddy (whom she may be really looking at since they were closer, and secondary school schoolmates).
My buddy still didn't notice her (or at least I thought so), till we got off the escalator and I remarked "I think I've just saw someone familiar." He immediately looked down the escalator. My two other friends didn't get it coz' they don't know her. But my buddy saw and knew it was her. After that, he acted normal for a while and after we had dinner, he began to keep to himself, stayed very quiet and his mind seems to be drifting away. The rest of us can easily see that he has a problem. I'm the only one that knew, coz' he'd only told me among the rest of us. It was really hard for him, to be reminded of her, reminded of his terrible, foolish mistake that had led to undesirable consequences, reminded of his feelings for her which he tried to forget. The jewellery shop, her physical being, that constant avoiding, would make a constant reminder for his shattered love-life. I hope that he will not fall easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment