Utakata Hanabi

Utakata Hanabi
Sasuke x Sakura

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Results (Part 1)

My nights are going sleepless, my days are going useless. So I asked GOD, “is this love?”. GOD replied, “No dear, results is near”. - Random Tweets

I've got my Chinese O-Level Results today. In the morning, I started having anxiety attacks already. As the minute-hand ticked by and getting closer to 10:50am (when we are supposed to proceed to the hall and collect our results), I was already shivering a little. 15 minutes to 10:50am, I'm feverish. I am really stressed up coz' I am the top in Chinese in my school and everybody expects me to get an A1 grade for the subject. Also, I needed this subject to put into my L1R5 points to go on to post-secondary education. I admit I'm giving myself too much pressure and expectations, but who wouldn't? On the day of the Chinese O-Levels Exam, I received a really special "Good Luck" message of a certain someone and it really made me feel obliged to score an A1.
Then the time came. My heartbeat was seriously fast. I knew that today and the day early next year when we collect our overall O-Level Results, that I will be really anxious. But, it's not what I've imagined. It feels a lot worse. Then my name was called, and I strode to the table where the teacher shows me my score. XXXXX (1) (D). The teacher explained the number and alphabet to me, but I already got the idea. A1 and Distinction for Oral Examination. I did it!!
However, to my utter dismay, there're others who I expected to do well and they did not capitalize. Even so, on the average, we all did quite well. It was sad to see my friends shed tears, looking so down and dispirited and as a couple of them called their parents to inform them of their "below expectations" results, I could only just stand by and listen, perhaps encouraging them to strive if they decide to retake the examination in November. Everytime people gather together to collect exam results, especially graduation results, there will always be people who are pleased and satisfied with their results, people who feel disappointed and people who just keep ranting about something that caused them to do badly. The next time, I will post part 2. That's when I collect my overall O-Levels Results. But right now, I should be studying for it and the prelims up ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment