Utakata Hanabi

Utakata Hanabi
Sasuke x Sakura

Monday, October 24, 2011

Recall

"Do your best."


This is it. The O-Levels is gonna start today. Just a few hours later, I'll be sitting in my school hall and taking my English paper. Surprisingly, I seem very chilled now. Not much anxiety or fear. That's how I always look on the outside. But deep inside, I'm fighting inner battles. 
I recall three years ago, after me and my parents went to my school for Meet-The-Parents Session and to collect my report book for my Secondary One year, we took the train back home together. While on the train, I met this man. I cannot totally remember how he looks like and in my memory, he looks about 50-60 years old (he's not a frail old man) He came forward and asked me whether I'm from Presbyterian High School, from the looks of my PE shirt. I answered "Yes." He then told me about his son which is from the same school as well, and who already graduated from university and became a lawyer (if I remembered correctly). He encouraged me to do my best in my studies. We are total strangers, yet I like I've known him. As me and my parents listened attentively, I got this feeling that this person is God-sent. That perhaps he's an angel in disguise, sending God's word to me. I told myself that one day I will need this encouragement and I will always remember this encounter. That day is today.
I recall on another occasion two years ago, during my dad's company's annual dinner night, my family was invited (so it's me and my parents). Then before the event commences, All of us were to wait at the lounge. At the lounge then was my dad's company's employees and their families. As I walked around with my dad, he introduced me to one of his colleagues. His colleague was really friendly and talked about me and my studies. He told me that my parents are working very hard to support the family and me and encouraged me to work hard and do well for my studies to secure a bright future and to support my parents. After that, I shook his hand firmly. "Don't worry, I will."
I recall a lot of things. All the messages from my friends, the farewell letters written by my classmates, the motivation and encouragement from my family and friends... All will serve their purpose. All the best to my friends and classmates. One shot, let's make it count. This is it. It's time to roll.


Countdown to the start of O-Levels: 3 hours and 30 Minutes.
Countdown to the end of O-Levels: Less than 20 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment