Utakata Hanabi

Utakata Hanabi
Sasuke x Sakura

Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year 2012

An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. - Bill Vaughn


1st January 2012. Yup, it's New Year already! This year will be special to me as I will leave my secondary school days behind, and venture into the "whole new world" of post-secondary education, depending on which school I actually will land in. A New Year symbolises a new beginning, a new life, and opens up a new whole chapter of our lives; A direct sequel to our life story where we left it a year ago. 


If our life is a book, a New Year is just like another new chapter, where we continue to write down our life encounters in a fresh new page.


If our life is a video game, a New Year is just like another level we have to conquer, where we start this new level with 'full health' and 'replenished supplies'(If you know what I mean)


If you get what I mean, well, basically a New Year is a fresh start in everything that we will do this year. Speaking of fresh starts, me and those who took the O-Levels will be receiving our results very soon. Perhaps in a week or so? The thought of collecting my results always make me worry, and it sometimes just keeps me thinking about how I did, what results will I get and 'what ifs'. 


"What if I didn't do well?"
"What if I really screwed up really bad that I didn't even least expect it?"
"What if I can't get into the school I want to go to?"
"What if I go to Junior College(JC) but can't take the stress and have to drop out? Wasting yet another year of my life?"
"What if I chose the wrong polytechnic course for myself?"
"What if I'll never see my friends again?"
"What if..."


These same few questions have haunted me since I finished my O-Levels, and recently, it has gotten a lot worse. I lost quite a bit of precious sleep because of this, having insomnia from time to time. Sometimes I even experienced horrible nightmares regarding the O-Levels results and my post-secondary educations. Well, I've decided to stop pondering over this matter anymore. Whatever will come, eventually comes. Come what may, I'll face it. I'll just live on until then. 


2011 has been a very memorable year to me. Honestly, I think that it's the best year I've lived all my sixteen years on Earth. I've finished my secondary school education in 2011, together with my best class of all-time, 4 Endurance, and also the entire cohort that I've been together with for the past four years. I've took my O-Levels, the one examination that we've been preparing for all the four/five years in Presbyterian High School. I've made everlasting friendships as well. I went to the USS, I had my first experience of working even though it's only a part-time job, I watched NC16 movies for the first time in cinemas, and so many more stuff I've achieved in 2011. I achieved a lot of 'firsts' too. Most important of all, I've had fun in 2011. Lots of fun. That's worth living the entire year.


To tell the truth, I rather 2011 not end. At least I rather it not end so quickly. Time is something that we humans are unable to control, and most likely will never be able to. Perhaps this year will be a better year, or it can be worse, but as we set off into a new year of uncertainties, I'm sure that we'll look back and reminisce the past, then continue to live yet another meaningful year just like the time we had, or even better.


May everybody have a wonderful, fulfilling year ahead! Happy New Year! Live 2012 to its fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment